Group SalesGoodspeed offers American musical theatre at its finest—Broadway-caliber performances with the charm and ease of a rural destination. Choose either a matinee or an evening performance, Wednesday through Sunday (please call for specific times and dates). Matinee performances are the first to fill up, so call early in the year to schedule your daytime trips.
Beyond the musical experience, we specialize in theatre and a little bit more... You may choose to package your theatre trip with another activity to make your event just a little different. Depending upon the nature of your group, you may want to consider a day-long excursion, or simply add a customized meal or reception to your evening’s plans.
NOW BOOKING FOR 2023!
Book Your Group Today!
Contact Catherine Ematrudo
- Group discounts are available for parties 20 or more
- Deposit (groups of 29 or less $250; groups of 30 or more $500) is due with the order
- Final count and payment is due 30 days before the performance
- Group leaders are responsible for distribution of tickets prior to entering the theatre lobby
2023 DISCOUNTED GROUP PRICING - THE GOODSPEED
Prices subject to change.
Add more to your experience!
- Lunch & Dinner Packages: Add a group dinner or lunch at the Gelston House (located next to The Goodspeed) to your trip!
- Tour the Goodspeed: Take your group behind the scenes and learn about the vibrant history of the Opera House. Tours are $5 per person.
- Pack a Picnic: Bring your own picnic basket and dine on the Goodspeed green along the banks of the beautiful Connecticut River.
Bring your students to Goodspeed for a learning experience with LOTS OF CHARACTER
At The Goodspeed, school groups can enjoy a backstage tour, lunch on the riverside lawn, and a matinee performance – a complete theatrical experience.
Students can bring their own bagged lunch and eat at the picnic tables on the Goodspeed Green along the banks of the beautiful Connecticut River.
Free bus parking is available in Goodspeed’s main lot. View bus parking map
Tour The Goodspeed
Take your school group behind the scenes and learn about the vibrant history of The Goodspeed!
Throughout the season, the Goodspeed welcomes groups from schools, corporations, service organizations, and group facilities to experience the magic of live theater. To enrich your group’s experience when visiting the Goodspeed or attending a show, book additional activities such as tours, master classes, or post-show talkbacks for your group members to enjoy. We offer additional activities à la carte or as packaged deals for groups of up to 25 or 50 participants. More info
Gelston House: 860.873.1411 next door to The Goodspeed
The Griswold Inn: 860.767.1776 Essex, 15 minutes from both theatres
The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station: 860.345.4100 Haddam, accross the bridge from The Goodspeed
Brushmill by the Waterfall: 860.526.9898 Chester, 5 minutes from The Terris Theatre
Tavern at the Armory: 860.854.6323 Middletown, 20 minutes from both theatres
The Orchestra Level of The Goodspeed is accessible by elevator. Balcony Level is NOT accessible by elevator. Sennheiser infrared hearing systems for hearing impaired patrons are available to borrow at the Box Office.
Please inform our Group Sales Manager if anyone in your group requires special assistance, including:
- Access to the elevator to enter the building (The Goodspeed only)
- Removal of a theatre seat to accommodate a wheelchair or oversize seat is available
Approximate Drive Times:
- New York: 2 1/4 hours
- Boston: 2 hours
- Providence: 1 1/2 hours
Parking at The Goodspeed:
- Directions to Free Bus Parking: Drive over the bridge and past the theatre, turn right just after the Gelston House. Buses should park to the rear of the main parking lot. Please note that bus parking is not allowed on any of the village streets, at the Town Hall or at the Goodspeed Airport.
- Bus passengers can disembark at the front entrance of The Goodspeed. Please be sure not to stop at the end of the bridge, pull just past The Goodspeed. Just before the end of the show, buses can wait in front of The Goodspeed to meet their group.
Other Important Information
- We suggest arriving 45 minutes prior to curtain to allow time for your group to use the restrooms, visit the bar and be seated comfortably (seating starts 30 minutes prior to curtain).
- The swing bridge over the Connecticut River on the way to The Goodspeed periodically opens for boat traffic, causing a minor delay. Please allow extra time when coming to The Goodspeed for a performance.
- Show duration averages 2.5 hours including one 15 minute intermission.
Catherine Ematrudo, Group Sales Manager
PO Box A
East Haddam, CT 06423
Attn: Group Sales