VIRTUAL KIDS COMPANY MASTER CLASS SERIES
The 2020 Kids Company Master Class Series has gone virtual! Aspiring young performers 7 years and older are invited to register for a series of 4 Master Classes taught over Zoom video chat by professional artists who have performed on the Goodspeed stage, in NYC, and around the country. The Kids Company Master Class Series will provide one-of-a-kind live, online instruction in various styles of musical theatre dance, acting, and vocal performance, in which students will learn new techniques, receive individualized feedback from our faculty, and hone their skills in a supportive environment.
Classes are limited to five students per Master Class. All classes will have a wait list once full, and additional class sessions may be added.
- Registration Fee: $25 per student, per class
- Upon registration, students will receive a link via email to join the class, along with further instructions for participation.
We are excited to announce our new online class registration system, CourseStorm! Now, you will be able to register for all Goodspeed Education classes, workshops, and events online at your convenience.
Features You’ll Love:
- Family and student profiles that allow you to securely save information within CourseStorm to make registration faster and more efficient in the future. If you have multiple children, this feature allows you to register them for programs all at once.
- The shopping cart helps you stay organized and register for more than one event at a time.
- Automated payment plans for semester-long classes.
And, as always, if you have any questions about this new system or any of our educational opportunities, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virtual Master Class
Series will take place over Zoom, a popular video chat software program.
Students will be sent a link via email to join the class and will be held in a
virtual “waiting room” until the class time begins. Each Master Class will be
monitored by a member of Goodspeed’s Education Staff. For more information
about the virtual class format, as well as helpful tips to set students up for
success, please read the Virtual Master Class Safety & Security Tips at the
bottom of this page!
June 13, 2020
Tap for Musical Theatre with Kristyn Pope
Level A: ages 7-12 | 12:00pm-1:00pm ADDED CLASS
Level A: ages 7-12 | 1:30pm-2:30pm SOLD OUT!
Level B: ages 13-18 | 3:00pm-4:00pm SOLD OUT!
Tap has been part of the musical theatre since it became popularly known as “tap dance” a hundred years ago. This master class led by Ms. Pope, a former Radio City Rockette and veteran of tap musicals such as Irving Berlin’s White Christmas (National Tour) and 42nd Street (Goodspeed), will explore rhythm, style, and characterization to expand your tap dance horizons!
NOTE: This class will not focus primarily on technique or learning tap vocabulary. Experience with tap dance recommended.
VIRTUAL MASTER CLASS SAFETY & SECURITY TIPS
- Before your class begins, be sure to set up your device so that the instructor can see you! If you are taking a dance class, make sure that your entire body is visible in the frame.
- Wear clothes that allow you to move freely, and be sure to keep a water bottle nearby.
- Choose a clearly lit area of your home with minimal background noise. Headphones may help with potential sound issues, including background noise, if available to the student.
- These Virtual Master Classes
are password protected. Only students taking the class will be admitted to the
meeting. Please do not share meeting
invitations outside of your household.
- When joining the class, students will need to provide a Meeting ID name. Be sure to provide the name used on your registration form, otherwise you will not be able to join the Master Class.
- Listen to your body! If something doesn’t feel right, stop and ask your instructor for help. Because they can’t be in the room with you, it’s important that you ask questions to ensure safe participation.
- If you are taking a dance
class, we recommend:
- dancing on a smooth-surface floor;
- clearing your dance space of furniture or any small objects that may create a trip hazard;
- and wearing appropriate dance shoes if possible. Students taking Tap for Musical Theatre are encouraged to wear tap shoes if they have a tap board or other surface (like plywood) that can be scraped and scuffed. Otherwise, a flat-soled sneaker or dress shoe on a smooth-surface floor will also work for the purposes of this class.